Here’s to the Start of the Rest of My Life
It still doesn’t feel real… I’ve not only been accepted for a Bachelor of Education from multiple universities, but I’ve finally accepted an offer. After many conversations with my friends and family, I’m so excited to have accepted my offer to:
Ottawa will definitely be a brand new experience for me. Not only will it be my first time living on my own (it’s definitely time), but I will be moving almost 6 hours away from my family. It’s quite the commute, but ever since I first visited the city 7 years ago, I’ve loved it.
What were some other reason’s I chose uOttawa’s program? Well…
- uOttawa’s Faculty of Education is the largest faculty in Ontario that offers two-year teacher education programs in French as well as English.
- Teacher candidates have the opportunity to study with skilled professors who are receiving worldwide recognition as researchers.
- Teacher candidates can participate in community service learning placements outside the classroom setting.
- The Faculty of Education also organizes both an Anglophone and Francophone Career Fair in Education every year, where BEd students can meet over 50 potential employers from Ontario, other parts of Canada, and abroad.
- The Faculty’s Educational Centre provides a spacious environment for teacher candidates to work individually and in groups. Services include educational resources, workshops and more.
- Candidates enroll in one of four cohorts within their program: Comprehensive School Health; Developing Global Perspectives; Innovation, Imagination and Creativity; or Urban Education Community (my cohort).
- The Faculty of Education also offers a strong professional development program, including a large selection of Additional Qualification courses.
I’m looking forward to becoming a Gee-Gee!